Bill Nalu is President of Interstate Auto Care in Madison Heights, Michigan and has been in business for 30 years. He collaborates with industry professionals, in building today’s “high-tech/old-fashioned” customer service system. Bill has been a big contributor to the podcast and he currently serves on several industries and educational advisory councils including AutoValue/Bumper to Bumper, Dorman Industries, and Cardone. Listen to Bill’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- What are you grateful for? The world isn’t ending. Stop comparing yourself to the content coming at you.
- When you make a decision to move forward, don’t turn around and second guess yourself
- Leadership comes through gratitude
- Hire compliments to yourself
- Suffering comes from judgment
- “Air smells the best and freshest after a hard rain”
- Awareness- isn’t that you’re having a thought, but that you are aware you are having a thought. That is your consciousness.
- Learn from other people’s second chances before you have to be the one to learn from your second chance. You must have balance.
- Compassion- there’s more going on in people’s lives than you know about
- If you want respect, respect someone into respecting themselves
- Consumerism- willing to pay extra
- Do you hire for work ethic attitude? Do you love what you do for a living
- Suffering comes from judgment- wean yourself off of the judgment that you have centered around you, judgment that comes toward you, and judgment that you place on yourself
- The grass isn’t always greener
- Book “Who not How” LINK
- “Every Life Has a Story” Chick Fil A LINK
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partners:
This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve. AAPEX 2021 is in the record books and lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX – Now more than ever.
This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm