Did you know over 4.5 million people quit their jobs in November 2021? There isn’t a shortage of workers, there is a shortage of great places to work. How does your business rank? Are you measuring your employee’s performance and sharing it with them? If you’ve kept the same business model throughout the decades, this is your sign to start elevating your business.
Dave Luehr, Elite Body Shop Solutions and The Limitless Entrepreneur
Key Talking Points
- Increase in severity of repair jobs- technology is a factor, distracted driving, but lacking technicians to work in industry
- 4.5 million people quit their jobs in Nov 2021, 1 out of 4 employees are considering leaving you right now. There is a shortage of great places to work, not a shortage of talent.
- The three critical steps to solving a business’s “talent shortage”
- Build the Best – how to create a “magnetic” business model that draws the best workers to it. Rate yourself 1-5 on your ability to provide meaningful work for your employees- having a noble cause, relevance, be acknowledged, 1 on 1 meeting. Are you measuring your employee’s performance and do they know how they are performing relative to the company’s expectations? Do they feel like they’re a part of a team? Do you have goal guidance for your employees?
- Find the Best – strategies to find and draw the people who will be the best fit for your company.
- Keep the Best – strategies to keep a high-performing team engaged and feeling at home in their jobs.
- Insurance companies are going to be identifying totaled cars quicker prior to towing and repairing
- Levels of trust- trust with customers (providing confidence, integrity, delivering vehicle when promised), trust with employees (getting to know them as individuals, psychological safety- say what’s on your mind in a trusting environment)
- Personality assessment to see if someone is coachable- DISC, measures values and motivators, how do they see themselves in the world? Are they looking for a quick fix?
- Stay up to date with new training programs to help shops solve talent shortages HERE
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partners:
Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX – Now more than ever.
More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm