Everyone needs an ego to start something new. Ego and self-confidence work hand in hand. But if you’re not careful, ego can run rampant and stifle both your personal and professional growth. As a business owner, what are you trying to build? Are you hiring the right people and letting them grow? Or has your ego become a roadblock to your success?
Chris Cloutier is co-owner of Golden Rule Auto Care in Dallas Texas and CEO of Auto Tex Me. Listen to Chris’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- Need the ego to start ‘something’ (shop owner, entrepreneur etc)-
- Are you an “expert”? if so does that mean you are no longer curious and listening for more information? Are you starting to tell people what you know instead of asking what they know?
- Feedback is a gift- take it, open it, keep it and regift it without displaying it in front of the person
- There is no ‘secret sauce.
- Are you able to put trust in others, and let them do the job, or do you feel YOU have to do everything?
- Don’t be untouchable- be vulnerable, open up
- Who Not How- getting out of the way
- Fear- not knowing and putting up your guard, it’s ok to not know something and need help
- Ego Is The Enemy
- Ego Is Your Enemy
- Who Not How
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partner:
The NAPA Smart Sign, previously known as Digital Menu Board, gives your shop a professional, state-of-the-art look and feel. It’s a great way to educate and inform your customers about needed repairs and service, plus increase awareness of your current promotions. NAPA AutoCare Center that have installed a Digital Menu Board found one out of five consumers ask for a repair or service they’ve seen on the board. Targeted promotions resulted in double-digit increases. You choose the content from a library of auto care service and repair topics. The latest NAPA national promotions are downloaded to you automatically. And with the Digital Menu Board it’s easy to change your services, prices, and video content anytime you’d like. Talk to your servicing NAPA store to find out more. www.napaautocare.com