ASE has made a commitment to its certifications and continues to push forward with its own app to make recertifications a learning opportunity. Not only do certifications benefit the technician and business owner, but it is also a tool to educate customers. It’s time to promote your business and employees and show your professionalism in the industry as ASE celebrates its 50th year.
Brad Pellman, Pellman’s Automotive, Boulder, CO, and ASE Board Chairman. Brad’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- Brad has been on the ASE board for 10 years
- 50th anniversary of ASE- made up of a group of directors, and a large body of governors
- Brad started as a technician- was afraid to test his knowledge
- Certifications- defines you as a technician, give you pride, designation to customers and employer.
- Promoting your business- shows customers you are high quality and technological advanced
- Working on ADAS and Safety Certifications for hybrid and EV
- ASE is meeting the standard for licenses
- ASE Renewal app- for recertification, answer questions on your own timeline, learning opportunity. A business owner can monitor the tests.
- Future expansions to L1
- Looking for a new job? Has business closed? Certifications help with finding a new job and differentiates yourself from other candidates
- Increase wages based on certifications- technicians are in charge of their own pay
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partners:
Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX – Now more than ever.
More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm