We all know that there’s a shortage of workers for mostly all businesses in all industries because of the great resignation. As a shop owner, how are you attracting the best technicians? Are you promoting your culture and the opportunity to work in your business? Wouldn’t it be nice to know what is important to technicians? What are they looking for in a shop, and do you offer it? Jimmy Alauria and Jason Stretch discuss the results of a recent technician survey that might surprise you. And how the value of the survey shapes the ads that attract superstars.
Jason Stretch, Legendary Automotive & Truck Service, Fort Myers, FL
Key Talking Points
- Marketing works when you’re communicating and saying the right things to the right people
- Getting into the technician’s head and find out what they’re thinking- utilize the tool trucks and trainers
- 47% of technicians said their number one goal is to: increase their skills or ability.
- 20% said the reputation of the shop is what motivated the technician to choose the shop, second at 16% said was the environment of the workplace
- Technicians were feeling that they should make 60, 80, $120,000 a year, that they should have the skill set that goes along with getting paid that money.
- Technicians want training- earn to learn
- Over 70%% want live and in-person training
- Technicians want a team culture that starts during the hiring process
- How far are you willing to travel? 20-40 miles
- FASTT- Florida Automotive Service Technician Training Facebook group. Provides support to technicians.
- Find the Survey- www.winningautoshops.com
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com