We are live at ASTE 2022, sponsored by Shop-Ware, and I’m sitting with Tiffany Scherado and Lorraine Klein, two female shop owners, and we discuss transmissions, training, and the female perspective. They are also members of Amazing Women in Automotive
Lorraine Klein, RK Trans and Auto Repair, Raleigh, NC.
Key Talking Points
- Women are more compassionate service advisors
- Pairing the same generation of technicians together (when training/apprenticeship) makes communication better and improves learning.
- If you have respect for other technicians and shop owners, you’re not going to hire their technician or their service advisor. Instead they would come to the shop if they were planning to leave the other shop.
- You’re building loyalty by training your employees; you’re trusting them. If you are doing that, they’re not looking elsewhere. But if you’re not giving them that, and that’s something that motivates them, they’re gonna go across the street.
- Make decisions for your team, not for yourself
- Amazing Women in Automotive
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partners:
Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com