Introducing the new “Beyond the Shop” series that will feature the passions of your industry peers and professionals.
In April 2017, Pete (aka GuardDog) and Chris (aka Ninja) Meier, began Bikers C.A.R.E. “C.A.R.E.” stands for “Child Abuse Response Effort,” and describes their vision – that is, to do everything possible to end child abuse in ALL of its forms and to come to the aid of children and families victimized by abuse.
- Bikers C.A.R.E Inc– Helpline (813) 609-2457
- 3 Pillars of Bikers C.A.R.E. Mission- Educate, Restore, Protect
- The United States has one of the worst records in how it protects its kids. We have 1500 children dying every year as a result of neglect or physical abuse.
- It doesn’t take numbers to make a difference, it just takes a willingness to make a difference
- Utilizing social media to reach out and seek help
- It’s not the guy in the overcoat standing outside the schoolyard. It’s the uncle, it’s the soccer coach, it’s the youth leader at church, and sometimes it’s the family itself
- Provide resources for therapy and resources for domestic shelters, it’s all about having resources with us as well as helping
- Protect your children from cyber predators online; check with their phones and computers
- Whether it’s law or not, you should consider yourself a mandatory reporter.
- The average age of a sexual abuse victim is eight years old
- If you notice attitude changes in your kids, check on them
- Spend more time with your kids rather than them spending more time with phones and computers, make time for them, and go for a walk, go for a bike ride, go for a car ride etc.
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com