Job of a Trainer Isn’t a Job, It’s a Lifestyle [RR 833]
Recorded Live at Vision 2023, we are with 3 trainers that describe training as a lifestyle, not a job. Today’s technicians must have an engineering mindset in order to repair vehicles and that requires a continuous commitment to learning, improving, and teaching for both the trainers and attendees.
Ryne Thomason, NAPA Trainer
Bill Weaver, NAPA Trainer. Listen to Bill’s previous episodes HERE
Curt Eigenberger, NAPA Trainer
- “Job of a trainer isn’t a job, it’s a lifestyle.”
- Knowledge is sort of a burden, once you’ve accumulated it, it’s your burden to distribute that back out to the field.
- Daytime training generally works better given the time in the environment as far as you can do things more hands-on than in the evenings
- Invest in training, keep a training resume.
- Teaching or taking, it doesn’t matter. You’re always learning something new if you have an open mind.
- If you come back after training and you show me you’ve improved your skills and your profitability, then everybody wins. If you can teach somebody else a skill that you have, you have mastered that skill
- Connect and interact when you’re teaching in class
- Make a commitment right now for the rest of this year, you’re gonna put your guys out in training and give them opportunities. Measure it after an entire year
- If you’re spending time, money, and the investment to grow your technician, but then not allowing the technician to grow, that’s a management problem.
- Your technician has to be an expert in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and an IT expert to diagnose and repair a modern vehicle.
- To be an automotive technician now, you need an engineering mind. And you have to develop your own way of understanding critical thinking because you have to blend the real world of mechanical, with the engineering world of electronics that’s in there.
Thanks to our Partner, NAPA AUTO CARE
Learn more about NAPA AUTO CARE and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections