Cheers to Success: Building a Thriving Business and a Craft Brewery [RR 851]
Are you a fan of craft beer? Then you won’t want to miss this interview with Kimberly and Andrew Taylor, owners of Titan Auto and the upcoming Hidden Wit Brewing Company in Mosley, Virginia. In this episode, they share their passion for brewing and their exciting plans for their 10,000 square foot facility. With a brewmaster who is an award-winning home brewer, they plan to offer 12 beers on tap and eventually expand to 18, including flagship beers and special releases.
But their success doesn’t stop at brewing. They also discuss their entrepreneurialism and the expansion of their auto shop business, which includes maintaining a consistent culture across all their locations and finding creative solutions to adapt to changes in the industry and world.
Watch the video epiosdoe HERE.
Butch and Kim Taylor, Titan Auto And Tire, 3 locations, Virgina. Hidden Wit Brewing Company.
- Building a Craft Brewery (00:00:47) Owners of Titan Auto are building a craft brewery, which will open in a few months. They discuss the challenges of running a multi-store operation and a brewery.
- Expanding to Store Two and Three (00:02:33) Butch and Kimberly talk about the challenges of expanding their business to store two and three. They also discuss the importance of having policies and procedures in place for consistency.
- Finding Opportunities for New Stores (00:05:13) Butch shares how they found the opportunity for store three, which was an existing store that was not healthy at the time.
- Do what you say (00:07:31)) The importance of following procedures and standard operating procedures in auto repair shops.
- Legislation and Right to Repair (00:12:13) Discussion of Right to Repair legislation and a tax bill impacting small businesses in Virginia.
- Changes Since the Pandemic (00:18:22) Discussion on the changes implemented during the pandemic, such as the loaner car program and key drop, and how they are continuing to adapt to the new normal.
- The Average Car Payment (00:22:17) Discussion on how the average car payment affects the auto repair industry.
- Multi-Store Ownership (00:24:08) The benefits and challenges of owning multiple auto repair shops.
- Starting a Brewery (00:27:31) The story of how the owners of Titan Auto decided to start a craft brewery and the challenges they faced.
- Hidden Wit Brewing Company (00:29:38) 10,000 square feet facility and outdoor space.
- Hiring Experts (00:30:19) The owners of Titan Auto hired a brewmaster and a food person for their brewery, just like they hire experts for their service side.
- Brewing as a Business (00:34:28) The difference between running a business and having a hobby and how important it is to treat brewing as a business.
Thanks to our Partner, NAPA AUTO CARE
Learn more about NAPA AUTO CARE and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections