Bill Hill owner of Mighty Auto Pro from Medina, OH has owned the 19 bay 10,000 sq ft shop for 21 years. He believes that processes and procedures are very important to a successful shop along with having FUN. He says that you need to make FUN an important part of your day because this business can be challenging. (we all know that).
Hear Bill’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- Staff engagement in training
- Bill pays for all training classes They can go to any class they want
- It could be an excel spreadsheet class or one on photography.
- All training is great
- Searches his suppliers for top classes
- Technicians and service advisors need to have a minimum of 40 hours a year to qualify for a bonus
- At the end of the year, all training hours are calculated
- The week before Christmas team member gets a bonus based on the number of hours of training
- Example: If a technician took 100 hours of training they would get 25% of the hours times their pay rate (25 hours x $30 pay rate or $750 training bonus)
- Bill believes in a cash reward vs a ham or a holiday party
- A special thanks to Bill Hill for his contribution to the aftermarket.
- Books mentioned in the content library HERE
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Email Carm HERE.
Subscribe to a free mobile listening app HERE.
This episode is brought to you by FlexCheck Auto Digital Vehicle Inspection Software.
Savvy shop owners use vehicle inspections to find additional work on a vehicle that the vehicle owner may not know is needed. The most successful shop owners fully inspect every car, every time. It benefits the vehicle owner more than the shop because most vehicle owners want their autos to be reliable.
FlexCheck Auto takes the power of a shop’s inspection process and puts it in the palm of your technician’s hand so that pictures, video, and vehicle-specific notes about a vehicle’s condition can be shared quickly with vehicle owners. It improves technician efficiency in the bays, service writer efficiency at the counter, increases average repair order and builds trust with vehicle owners.
Today’s vehicle owners want to receive their vehicle’s health status electronically, this makes FlexCheck Auto the most transparent way to do sell auto repair. Try it for free for 30 days! Go to FlexCheckAuto.com to learn more.