Did you know money isn’t the main motivator for employees? How many people are willing to work 40+ hours a week in an unhappy environment while being undervalued? What benefits set your business apart from other shops in your area? And, are you reminding your team of their benefits package so they understand their value within your business?
Watch Episode on YouTube
Key Talking Points
- Professional career development, where do I go from here and how is it laid out for me to achieve it. Are the training and tools there to allow me to grow?
- Company sponsored events-team members want to feel good about where they work and the work they do matters for the community. Involve the family with anniversaries and birthdays etc.
- Dividing sick and PTO- vacation days can be paid out, sick days don’t have to be paid out
- Making adjustments for employees with existing vacations- can manipulate the salary/pay rate. Each employee will be different depending on the scenario. Be creative.
- Benefit packages will vary depending on the employee- paycheck is a small portion of what you offer, focus on culture/environment/growth opportunities.
- Marketing the entire package- and discussing with the team consistently
- Jim’s company matches 1:1 up to 4% for 401K
- Invisible paycheck- base salary + expenses of benefits= value of the company
- Paid training- shows intent and value
- Incentives- ASE, benchmark bonuses, tools
- Bereavement/maternity- additional days that don’t involve PTO
Connect with the Podcast
Check out today’s partners:
More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com
See how Broadly can help YOU grow your auto shop. getbroadly.com/chat