Did you know ethics, culture, and team go hand in hand in a successful business? Doing the right thing means having full transparency, trust, and integrity. Listen firsthand to my panel as they discuss ethics 101 and some standout scenarios they’ve experienced.
Watch the Episode on YouTube
Tom Schearer, Schearer’s Sales and Service, Allentown, PA
Key Talking Points
- Ethics means doing what is right, not what is easy.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing even when nobody is looking.
- The hard part is that “ethical” is so subjective. There will never be one iron-clad “ethics manual” because one’s ethics are based on so many factors such as Upbringing, culture, faith, tradition, etc.
- Guide customers and be transparent- the value proposition is based on integrity and ethics
- DVI’s- adds to ARO and gives customers a report they deserve
- What is your shop’s character? How do you care about your customer’s and employees’ safety?
- “Rules of Engagement” – identify what you want instead of focusing on what you don’t want
- Ask the right questions- “discovery conversation” building trust
- Ethics are continually evolving due to many factors such as technology, changing societal norms, science, hard lessons, etc.
- Ethics as it applies to automotive service: Pricing, Employee Compensation, Warranty: how much do you need to cover in the case of a part failure that you won’t be reimbursed for?
- Continue to lead by example
Connect with the Podcast
Check out today’s partners:
More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com
See how Broadly can help YOU grow your auto shop. getbroadly.com/chat