How many jobs do your service advisors have? Who covers when you are short-handed? How many technicians per advisor do you have? Are you using technology and systems to a service advisor’s advantage? How clear are your objectives to everyone in the shop? What are some different pay plan options?
Watch the Episode on YouTube
Key Talking Points
- Service advisor ranked 5th or 6th most stressful job- how many jobs do your service advisors have? Who covers when you are short-handed? How many techs per advisor?
- Are you using technology and systems to a service advisor’s advantage?
- How clear are your objectives to everyone in the shop?
- Building a model with everyone involved and everyone wins- 360-degree view with transparency with the numbers of the business
- What is your culture? Hiding numbers?
- It is about the money, but it’s not about the money- the incentive is to motivate and not ‘just enough to get by,’ and it has to be customizable based on their level. The plan has to have a direction.
- Ask a mentor, coach, peer
- Incentivizing the behavior- it has to be attainable
- Future for advisors? Self-check in? Will they be needed?
- Other compensations, no weekends? Hours of operation M-F? Lunch break schedule? Vacation time? Medical/dental cost paid by the employer?
- If you have a family culture, what about the kids or spouse? College fund? Spouse bonus?
Connect with the Podcast
Check out today’s partners:
Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com
Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com