The EV/Hybrid training you’ve been searching for.
Carolyn Coquillette, the President and CEO of Earthling Training and Earthling Automotive, and Jack Rosebro, the Head of Training at Earthling Automotive discuss their insights on the growing market of EVs, their unique approach to EV training, and how they adapted to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jack Rosebro, the Head of Training at Earthling Automotive. email@example.com
- Watch Full Video
- Earthling Automotive Training
- The Dream of Being an EV Training Specialist (00:02:53) Carolyn and Jack discuss the watershed moment that led them to focus on EV training and the similarities to their previous experience with hybrid vehicles.
- Small Class Sizes and Effective Learning (00:08:41) The importance of small class sizes for effective learning and how it was influenced by their experience training through COVID-19.
- Utilizing technology in training (00:09:49) Enhancing the learning experience in the classroom.
- The immersive learning experience (00:11:10) The decision to have individual students work independently rather than in paired groups, allowing for a more immersive learning experience.
- The importance of basic electrical knowledge (00:18:16) Discussion on the significance of understanding basic electrical concepts in automotive diagnostics.
- Assessing technicians’ background knowledge (00:19:18) The process of assessing technicians’ electrical knowledge before enrolling them in specific classes.
- Tracking progress and improvement (00:23:32) The use of case studies and comprehensive notes to track technicians’ progress and ensure effective training.
- Training in the Deep End (00:25:46) Discussion on the importance of hands-on training and the limitations of slide presentations.
- Investing in Community Colleges (00:28:05) Highlighting the value of community colleges in providing hands-on training and the need to support and invest in them.
- Facing the Unknown (00:31:12) Encouraging instructors to embrace new technologies, such as EVs, and challenge themselves to continue learning and adapting their teaching methods.
- The Paradigm Shift in the Automotive Industry (00:33:53) Discussion about attracting people with a computer science mindset to the automotive profession and the need for a paradigm shift in what a car is.
- The Profound Impact of EV Training (00:35:04) A story about a student who realized that everything is different when working on Teslas and how it can change a person’s perspective forever.
Thanks to our Partners Shop-Ware and Delphi Technologies
Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management https://getshopware.com/
Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. http://DelphiAftermarket.com
Connect with the Podcast
-Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RemarkableResultsRadioPodcast/
-Follow on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carmcapriotto/
-Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/remarkableresultsradiopodcast/
-Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RResultsBiz
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections