Recorded Live at AAPEX 2023, Carm is joined in studio with Aftermarket Radio Network hosts Brian Walker and Matt Fanslow for milestone episode 900. Carm discusses the process of creating the podcast, the journey to expand to the Aftermarket Radio Network and how his daughter Tracy became a crucial part of the team, starting as an editor and eventually working full-time with him. Carm also reflects on the challenges he faced when starting the podcast, the importance of consistency, quality, and good editing, and the shifts he had to make along the way.
Aftermarket Radio Network
- Watch Full Video
- RR 172: Giuliano Zuccato, Clay Sculptor – 1964 Mustang
- RR 243: Giuliano Zuccato – Chrysler Crossfire & Horse of Destiny Foundation
- The preparation process (00:01:51) The process of preparing for a podcast episode, including research, vetting ideas, and interviewing guests.
- Working with Tracy (00:06:38) Carmen shares how his daughter Tracy came to work with him on the podcast and the proposal he made to her to join the team.
- The success of the Aftermarket Radio Network (00:07:59)
- The preparation process for podcast episodes (00:08:29) Carmen discusses the things he had to learn and the podcast coach he hired before starting the podcast.
- The first interview (00:09:27) Carm talks about how he called Dave, a shop owner, to be his first interviewee for the podcast and how they connected.
- The evolution of the podcast (00:12:52) Carm reflects on the growth of the podcast, starting with the first episode and the decision to create additional shows like the Town Hall Academy and For the Record.
- The struggle of starting a business (00:18:22) Carm discusses the challenges he faced when starting his business, including finding sponsors and promoting his podcast.
- Becoming a better interviewer (00:22:09) Carm explains how he had to improve his interviewing skills, drawing inspiration from NPR and studying interviewers like Charlie Rose.
- Giuliano Zuccato (00:26:26) Carm tells the story of Giuliano, a guest on the podcast, who came from Italy and ended up working as a sculptor for auto manufacturers.
- Carm’s visit to Giuliano’s house and recording the episode on the crossfire (00:28:53) Carm visits Giuliano at his house in Detroit and records an emotional episode about Giuliano’s work on the crossfire, despite his illness.
- Tractor envy and equipment (00:33:47)
- The future of the industry (00:35:27) Carm mentions that he is preparing an episode on the future of the industry and talks about the challenges and changes that may occur in the next five years.
- New shows on Aftermarket Radio Network (00:40:54) Carmen and Tracy are brainstorming ideas for new shows on Aftermarket Radio Network, aiming to grow the network and engage with the audience in new ways.
- Cherishing milestones (00:43:15) Carm discusses the importance of celebrating milestones, such as the 900th episode, as a way to improve personal and professional success in the automotive aftermarket.
Thanks to our Partners, AAPEX and NAPA TRACS
Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2024. Mark your calendar now … November 5th-7th, 2024. AAPEX – Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at http://AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR
NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at http://napatracs.com/
Connect with the Podcast:
-Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RemarkableResultsRadioPodcast/
-Follow on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carmcapriotto/
-Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/remarkableresultsradiopodcast/
-Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RResultsBiz
-Visit the Website: https://remarkableresults.biz/
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections