Guest host and shop tour with Phil Carpenter, Urban Auto Care and Avalon Motor Sports, Denver, CO, discusses scaling your business the right way. Learn from Phil’s experience with 5 locations and over 30 employees. Listen to Phil’s other episodes HERE.
Watch Episode on YouTube
Key Talking Points
- You have to have a dedicated, reliable core group of people.
- Who will do what? What other roles will you need as you grow? Play to your strengths
- Infrastructure for scaling, email, phones, point of sale, credit cards, accounting, Google Workspace, website
- Processes for scaling, document them in a way that you can easily train others
- Hire to grow into manager role- protect the culture and get team buy-in. Look for people with high ceilings. Are they open to training? Are they stagnant?
- Grow for the right reasons- creating the best opportunity for people to grow into more roles, impacting the community.
- Balance- coverage for employees being out while developing and training.
Avalon Motor Sports: https://www.avalonmotorsports.com/
Urban Auto Care: https://www.urbanautocare.com/
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour