Guest host and shop tour with Jimmy Alauria, 3A Automotive and Diesel Repair, Phoenix, AZ. Does your shop have individual unicorn employees? Or does it have a team with leaders? Dive into his Organizing Board comprised of 7 divisions.
Watch the Episode on YouTube
Key Talking Points
- Are you too consumed looking for a ‘unicorn’ employee?
- Is there a shortage?
- Technician surveys- easier to communicate and find new hires.
- Techs want to work in an organized shop- you need a structure for each role that can be referenced
- When Jimmy took over the shop from his family his ‘unicorn’ left
- Numbers don’t tell a story, they tell trends over time
- Shop flow chart- a system that works and can be followed
- Organizing Board from Left to Right- Blue – Executive Division, Gold – Communication Division, Purple – Marketing & Sales Division, Pink – Finance Division, Green – Production Division, Grey – Quality Control Division, Yellow – Public Relations Division. 7 divisions with executives, brings accountability and trust
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour