Benefits of Toastmasters – Craig O’Neill [AW 142]
On Record with Craig O’Neill. Craig discusses the benefits of joining Toastmasters. Toastmasters is a nonprofit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. Through Toastmasters you’ll listen better, communicate more effectively, and lead teams and conduct meetings with confidence.
Watch Full Video Episode HERE
Craig O’Neill, VP of Training, AutoFlow. Listen to Craig’s previous episodes HERE
- Toastmasters.org to find a local club- go as a guest to start!
- You’re in a system and a process for communication- fake the confidence!
- Barriers- imposter syndrome
- There is no such thing as a neutral exchange between people- you leave someone either a little better or worse in every engagement
- Use of 3’s- never complain, criticize or condemn
- Providing feedback
- ‘Ums’ ‘ah’ ‘er’ – eliminating filler words, pause instead, and it creates better listening skills
- Note taking skills
- Thinking freely in impromptu moments
- Practicing with structure
- Online curriculum, management site, assessment test, path of communication courses,
- Engaging people in your community
- Every Life Has A Story
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour