On Record with Craig O’Neill. Craig discusses the benefits of joining Toastmasters. Toastmasters is a nonprofit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. Through Toastmasters you’ll listen better, communicate more effectively, and lead teams and conduct meetings with confidence.
Watch Full Video Episode HERE
- Toastmasters.org to find a local club- go as a guest to start!
- You’re in a system and a process for communication- fake the confidence!
- Barriers- imposter syndrome
- There is no such thing as a neutral exchange between people- you leave someone either a little better or worse in every engagement
- Use of 3’s- never complain, criticize or condemn
- Providing feedback
- ‘Ums’ ‘ah’ ‘er’ – eliminating filler words, pause instead, and it creates better listening skills
- Note taking skills
- Thinking freely in impromptu moments
- Practicing with structure
- Online curriculum, management site, assessment test, path of communication courses,
- Engaging people in your community
- Every Life Has A Story
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour