Carm here from the Aftermarket Radio Network and my guest is Lauren Fix is a nationally recognized and trusted automotive expert, media guest, journalist, author, keynote speaker and radio and television host. Lauren is also from my hometown, Buffalo, NY. I caught up with Lauren, and we discussed her take on electric and autonomous vehicles, supply chain issues, and her passion for cars that are propelled by an Internal Combustion Engine.
Lauren Fix, Car Coach Reports, Total Car Score Podcast, is an automotive expert and analyst based in Buffalo, NY. She has written three books on automobiles. She has appeared on CNN, Fox News, Newsmax TV, CNBC, and USA Radio’s Daybreak USA show.
Key Talking Points
- Electric Vehicle- limited charging stations, L2 costs 1M for a charging station, alternating current can have dangers when charging
- Anti Inflation Act- tax credit, only 18 cars will qualify, Ford and GM raised prices
- Shortage of rare earth minerals that cant get mined in the USA
- Supply chain issues- oil filters, diesel oil
- Everything is processed with some form of oil
- Autonomous vehicles- unpredictable weather, insurance
- Car family- a daughter, named Shelby
- Great cars for the average consumer- Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade
- Lauren owns 26 cars
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/kkQ1fr13LSo
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com