Are you looking for inspiration on how to have fun in your business while building a unique brand? In this episode, co-owners Tim Suggs and Rachel Grewell share their approach to core values and how they recently held a leadership retreat to refine those values. They also discuss the role of cats in their branding and marketing efforts, employee management and training, and community involvement. Tim says, “Being true to yourself and your team is the key to success.” So, let’s all take a page out of their book and strive to be different and true to ourselves in our businesses and lives.
Rachel Grewell and Tim Suggs, Co-Owners, Turbo Tim’s Garage, Minneapolis and Saint Paul, MN.
- (00:00:36) Having Fun Every Day: Turbo Tim’s garage approaches each day with a focus on having fun and finding ways to make work more interesting.
- (00:02:03) The Role of Cats in Branding: Cats are a part of Turbo Tim’s branding and marketing efforts.
- (00:07:14) Leadership Retreat: Tim and Rachel discuss their recent leadership retreat, including the location, agenda, and topics covered, such as core values, mission, vision, and marketing strategy.
- (00:10:13) Expansion Plans: Tim and Rachel discuss their plans to expand their business, including their goal of having five stores by 2023 and their recent purchase of a third turnkey store.
- (00:15:12) Delegating Tasks to Specialized Team Members: Tim and Rachel talk about how they have been able to delegate tasks to specialized team members, allowing them to focus on their strengths and improve the overall quality of their business.
- (00:17:38) Importance of Training and Coaching: Tim and Rachel discuss the importance of training and coaching for their employees and themselves, and how it has helped their business grow.
- (00:20:01) Accountability Partners: The importance of having an accountability partner and how coaching can provide that for business owners.
- (00:21:06) Mutually Agreed Upon Guidelines: Tim discusses the benefits of mutually agreed upon guidelines and how it shifts the perspective of accountability in the workplace.
- (00:22:30) Lift Garage: Turbo Tim’s Garage’s involvement with Lift Garage, a non-profit repair facility for low-income individuals, and how they are providing guidance and space for the organization.
- (00:28:25) Working with Challenging Life Experiences: Tim and Rachel discuss the challenges of working with people who are dealing with difficult life experiences and how they support a local organization that provides social workers to help those in need.
- (00:31:06) Community Events and Art: Tim and Rachel discuss their involvement in the local art community, hosting events at their shop and displaying local artists’ work.
- (00:34:16) Displaying Local Art: Tim and Rachel discuss the possibility of having a rotating gallery of local artists’ work.
- (00:34:48) Being different and relatable
- (00:36:06) Takeaway: Be yourself!
Thanks to our Partners, AAPEX and NAPA TRACS.
NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at NAPATRACS.com
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections