Are you tired of the same old auto repair experience with poor customer service and no personal touch? Look no further than Adam and Son Auto Repair in Colorado Springs. Owner Dan Adam and VP of Social Impact and Strategy Stacy Burns, share their insights on creating a unique customer experience and positively impacting their community.
Dan Adam founded Adam and Son Auto Repair with a mission to improve the way auto repair businesses are run and provide exceptional customer service. He achieved this by defining 28 fundamentals that create behaviors for team members and ingrained them in the company culture through weekly messages and daily huddles. But the customer experience at Adam and Son doesn’t stop there. They have implemented social impact initiatives that provide free car repairs to single mothers, domestic violence victims, and disabled veterans through their Stranded Motorist Fund. This program aims to provide safe and reliable transportation to those in need and has gained positive feedback from the community. Adam and Son have gained high-quality customers who support their business by providing excellent customer service and making a positive social impact.
Dan Adam, Adam and Son Auto Repair, Colorado Springs, CO.
Stacey Burns, VP of Social Impact and Strategy.
- Dan Adam’s Story (00:02:32) Dan Adam shares his experience of working at a local auto repair shop with poor company culture and customer service, and how it led him to start his own shop with a loan from his family.
- Creating a Company Culture (00:07:02) Dan Adam explains how his company created a culture of excellence through 28 actionable fundamentals that are discussed daily in meetings and interviews.
- Culture Icon Belt (00:11:44) Stacy Burns shares how Adam and Son Auto Repair uses a wrestling-style belt to recognize team members who embody the company’s culture and pass it on to others.
- Team Building Across Locations (00:13:31) Building a sense of community across locations through team building activities and introducing new team members to both shops.
- Sharing Positive Feedback (00:14:01) The importance of sharing positive feedback within the team and with customers through Google reviews and other tools.
- Community Engagement and Social Impact Programs (00:15:16) The impact of their social impact programs, including the Trifecta Oil Change Program and the Stranded Motorist Fund, on their community and customers.
- Stranded Motorist Program (00:22:30) Dan Adam and Stacy Burns discuss the Stranded Motorist Program, which provides free car repairs and donated vehicles to those in need. They talk about the impact of transportation on people’s lives and the need for such a program.
- Expanding the Stranded Motorist Program (00:27:07) Dan Adam talks about his plans to take the Stranded Motorist Program to a national level and involve other independent auto repair shops in the initiative.
- Storytelling and Community Outreach (00:28:34) The importance of storytelling and community outreach in promoting social impact initiatives.
- Reaching out to those helped (00:30:20) Stacy discusses how they reach out to people they have helped in the past and how it has caught the attention of the news media.
- Solving community needs (00:35:21) Dan explains how being a social impact company is not just about being philanthropic, but about solving community needs and gaining market share.
- Long game of social impact (00:36:18) Dan explains that becoming a social impact company is a long game and requires a strong company culture to be successful.
- Creating a Differentiator (00:38:03) Dan Adam discusses the importance of having a real differentiator in the automotive industry.
Thanks to our Partners, AAPEX and NAPA TRACS.
NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at NAPATRACS.com
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections