Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Culture again?” But trust me, this episode takes a deep dive into how culture can truly make or break a business. Every business has a culture, whether it’s intentional or not, and it’s crucial to evaluate if it’s the right one for retaining employees and attracting customers.
Imagine an auto repair shop that truly understands the frustrations of car owners and aims to provide honest, knowledgeable, and reliable service to give them peace of mind. That’s the kind of culture that draws customers in and keeps them coming back.
Chris Lawson suggests checking out an article in the show notes that discusses the impact of culture on over 40 business metrics. Studies have shown that employees are more motivated and efficient in a happy work environment. So, investing in your company culture can actually boost your bottom line.
If you’re a business owner or someone interested in creating a positive work environment, this episode is a goldmine of information. Carm and Chris provide practical guidance on building company culture and emphasize the need for strong policies, procedures, and teamwork.
- Watch Full Video Episode
- How Much Does Company Culture Really Matter? 40+ Real Business Metrics Impacted by Your People and Culture (with sources)! https://www.betterculture.com/blog/does-company-culture-really-matter
- Importance of Company Culture (00:00:51) Discussion on the significance of company culture in retaining employees and attracting customers.
- Real World Studies on Culture Impact (00:02:33) Exploration of tangible studies on how developing a strong and positive culture impacts a business’s bottom line.
- Different Categories of Shop Culture (00:04:25) Explanation of the three categories of shop culture: those who don’t think they have culture, those who have a vague understanding of their culture, and those who have a clear understanding and can effectively communicate their culture.
- Employee Retention (00:10:37) A strong culture contributes to higher employee retention rates, reducing costs associated with turnover.
- Productivity (00:11:08) Positive company culture leads to increased efficiency and higher output from motivated employees.
- Collaboration and Teamwork (00:12:43) A positive company culture fosters collaboration and teamwork, encouraging employees to work together effectively towards common goals.
- Employee Loyalty (00:16:28) The importance of employee loyalty in fostering a positive company culture and reducing turnover.
- Ethical Behavior (00:17:50) The impact of a strong company culture on encouraging ethical behavior and maintaining a positive reputation.
- Talent Acquisition (00:18:13) How a positive company culture attracts top talent and makes talent acquisition easier for recruiters.
- Importance of Company Culture in Hiring (00:25:01) The significance of company culture when hiring new team members and emphasizes the need to convey the culture in job advertisements.
- Developing Effective Job Ads (00:26:55) Chris Lawson provides tips on creating job ads that highlight the shop’s culture and attract candidates who are a good fit for the company.
Thanks to our Partners, AAPEX and NAPA TRACS.
NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at NAPATRACS.com
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections