Ryan Clo is a twenty-year veteran of the Automotive Service industry. He currently owns Dubwerx, a multi-shop owner in Cincinnati, OH.
Ryan currently consults for the Institute of Automotive Business Excellence providing guidance to automotive businesses including on-site evaluations, off-site coaching, business plan development, and one-on-one coaching with owners and staff. He is known as the “Systems and Processes guy.” Ryan teaches several business management classes for the Automotive industry.
Ryan has also involved in the growing startup community in Cincinnati, OH meeting with other entrepreneurs regularly to discuss best practices and the future of business. Ryan volunteers his time serving on the editorial board for an industry magazine and two community non-profits in Cincinnati, OH. Listen to Ryan’s previous episodes HERE.
Edwin Hazzard is a business owner, mobile diagnostic tech, automotive instructor and currently, a contributing writer for Motor Age magazine and automotive service professional magazine and has been an auto tech since 1984. Listen to Edwin’s previous episodes HERE.
Craig O’Neill an integrator and trainer at Autotex.me. Though he initially began college seeking a degree in history education and was heavily considering missionary aviation, it was obvious to him that his primary calling was to raise a family. Setting aside his full-time education, Craig committed himself to scale the 3rd generation auto repair business to be successful in these exciting but challenging times.
An ASE certified technician and service consultant, he is visibly excited about the technological advances the industry is seeing and frequently can be heard speaking to clients sharing his enthusiasm.
Craig is committed to elevating the professional image of the automotive service community and consistently looking for ways to communicate with bright young people regarding the opportunities that exist in the automotive service profession. Listen to Craig’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Ryan Clo uses Google Docs to create a todo list. This makes for desktop and mobile. He puts in hyperlinks to help him. He is on his desktop most often. This allows him to be organized.
- Craig uses Calendy to schedule time with him.
- It helps him manage his time with clients
- Too many shop owners let their day manage them instead of them managing their day
- Ryan uses Gmail and an add-on called Boomerang
- Use Gmail read receipts to get a verify on an important message
- Zoom or Skype for face to face with certain clients or a networking group
- Shop owners should have a camera and USB headset/mic at their ready for this new way to communicate
- Multi Shop Operations use Zoom to stay connected with their teams and to hold meetings
- Bridges the gap of distance
- Duo for Android for face to face
- Join.me is a quick free app for screen share
- Mighty Text is an app you can use on desktop and sync to your smartphone
- Apps to consider
- Insurance company
- Training events
- Remarkable Results Radio
- Loyalty card app
- Uber Eats
- Apple Health App
- Food bar code scanner to understand what is in the food you buy
- Drop-Box for cloud storage
- Google Drive
- Google Tasks
- Express VPN. A level of protection while you are on the road. Encryption
- A special thanks to Ryan Clo, Edwin Hazzard, and Craig O’Neill for their contribution to the aftermarket.
- Books Page HERE
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
This episode is brought to you by Jasper Engines & Transmissions. When a car’s engine or transmission fails, it’s not the end of the road. A remanufactured drivetrain product from Jasper Engines & Transmissions will give your car a new lease on life. JASPER has over 2000 Associates, three manufacturing facilities, two distribution centers, and 45 branch offices across the country. They’re all working to produce, transport and deliver the perfect product. That’s what they do best… keep customers happy. Visit jasperengines.com
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.