Younger consumers, specifically millennials demand a level of service, convenience and digital finesse from whoever services their vehicles. Millennials have become the largest generation recorded. So it is with a meticulous and careful analysis that we need to understand what do millennial customers want when it comes to vehicle service and repair. We need to adjust!
Sara Fraser is a millennial who has a love for life, travel, and connecting with other humans! She has over 15 years of retail management experience, the last 6 of them as an office manager for a used car sales and service center. To bring her customer service, marketing, and business knowledge to the automotive industry she has recently joined the team at Haas Performance Consulting.
Sara loves helping others grow and succeed and is excited to share her expertise on management and social media, her views on how and why the younger generations think and act, and how to work and manage a business within a multi-generational workforce. When she isn’t working Sara spends her time traveling, attending theatrical productions, music festivals, concerts, advocating for human and animal rights, celebrating life in general and connecting with other people from all over the world. Look for Sara’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- What millennial customers want
- Good online reviews and owner responses to reviews
- Updated on social media
- Availability to make an appointment online
- Millennials will use their preferred method of communication (email/text/message) and want to be responded to with the same method
- Appreciate fast responses
- Subscribers to subscriptions/memberships- future car service membership for oil changes etc
- They want to have an experience to share with other people
- Do not want shop talk language, terms and acronyms they don’t know about- instead, use visuals for explanation and use empathy when delivering explanation of costly repairs
- Inclusive to all no matter age or gender
- Millennials love getting mail- always receiving packages, programmed to love physical mail, “junk” is in email
- Availability for later hours or hours on the weekend
- Contact Sara at email@example.com
- Thanks to Sara Fraser for her contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Love what we do, buy a cup of coffee HERE.
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.
Since 1989 TRACS has been the industry’s leading shop management system. And in the last 30 years it’s gotten better and better. Today TRACS Enterprise offers even more of the features AutoCare Center owners want—things like a powerful interactive scheduling calendar, faster and streamlined work flow, plus streamlined parts ordering and purchasing options. And there’s more—Punch-out to Mitchell ProDemand, mobile VIN capture, and multi-shop capabilities. That means you can count on TRACS Enterprise to help drive your success today and well into the future.
Learn more about TRACS Enterprise and the hundreds of other benefits the NAPA family has to offer. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com.