Survey Says: Stress Level, Why Reject a Technician Application, Health Insurance and More! [AW 147]
On Record with Tom Ham from the Automotive Management Network. Tom discusses a recent survey from his website about the stress level at work, reasons why someone would reject a technician application, health insurance and more! These results may surprise you!
Tom Ham, Automotive Management Network. Tom’s previous episodes HERE.
Watch Full Video HERE
- laborratetracker.com – lowest labor rate so far is $50 and highest is $297
- Management Help Polls: 130 types
- Why techs avoid working at some shops- low pay, dark/lack of lighting, dirty, disorganized
- Job applicants for possible reasons they might be rejected: 70% driver license issues, 68% frequent job changes, 66% negative comments about past employers, 64% know it all, 60% questionable attitude, 60% excessive demands. 59% inconsistent information, 58% late for interview, 55% listens poorly, 53% sloppy appearance, 53$ incomplete application, 51% lack of manners
- Pay portion of health insurance- 35% pay nothing, 19% pay full health insurance.
- Stress level at your shop ranked 1 to 10, 10 is maximum stress level- 40% rank their stress level at 8+, 81% say their stress level is average or above average, only 19% say their stress level is ranked 4 or less. “What do we do here that is not as clear as it could be, a bit confusing?”
- Service advisor responsibilities (are these regular tasks of your service advisor)- estimating, collect vehicle information, parts ordering and returns, labor claims, operation/management, quality control, assist technicians, pickup/deliver customer or parts (porter). None of these should be the service advisor responsibilities! Consider hiring an estimator/parts person
- Service Advisor Overload [THA 305]
- Service Advisor Overload: Part 2 [THA 312]
Thanks to our Partner, Dorman Products. Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner: