Second in a three-part series on Leadership 2.0 with Ciara Pegoda, Sales Manager for Dipaco in Reno, NV.
When I got the idea of doing a three-part series on Leadership 2.0, I spoke to Brian Cruickshank (Episode 075), the Director of the University of the Aftermarket at Northwood University to recommend a recent graduate who would share their personal experience from the course.
I’m delighted to interview Ciara Pegoda and hear her talk about her experience at Leadership 2.0. She brings a refreshing insider’s view of this Executive level course.
Having been a graduate of this University of the Aftermarket program, when it was called 2010, I felt that a three-part series with a program participant/graduate would interest my listeners and showcase this important industry leadership program.
What is Leadership 2.0:
- The industry’s cornerstone educational program that fosters the development of a new generation of visionary aftermarket executives.
- An intense and intellectually challenging two-week executive development and learning experience deeply rooted in the theoretical and practical application of automotive aftermarket leadership principles.
- Appropriate for any mid-level professional working in any market segment within the motor vehicle aftermarket. Previous attendees have represented manufacturing, retail operations, wholesale distributing, association management, program group management, and yes service professionals.
The service professionals I’ve spoken to that have attended Leadership 2.0 tell me that their understanding of the entire industry was expanded and their respect for the importance of their role in the Auto Care industry was solidified. Lifelong friends from all segments of the industry are formed at Leadership 2.0.
Keep in mind there are two additional episodes that round out the series. Part two Episode 228 discusses the project and Part three, Episode 229 discusses the final week of the course. (See links above)
Ciara Pegoda was the 2016-2017 YANG 2.0 Scholarship recipient and completed the Leadership 2.0 Class through Northwood University. As a member of YANG, AAEC, Auto Care, and Women in Auto Care, she believes in being active in the industry and the community.
Ciara Pegoda is an experienced Sales Manager adept on developing professionals. By focusing on growing their skills and developing their personal brand, Ciara empowers her team to connect with and serve each individual client in order to drive conversion and retention. Ciara’s energetic and hands on approach to management allow her to build trust with her team identifying opportunities for growth – It’s about finding a connection with the real people you’re trying to help, then conveying that message back to them in a way that resonates.
Ciara holds a BS in International Business, with a focus on marketing from the University of Nevada, Reno
Take-A-Ways from this Episode (Part 2):
- Relationship and networking is priceless.
- Time off between the week long classes allowed the teams to work on their projects that are presented in week two.
- Project team name ‘The Jetsons’.
- Ciara’s team project is on Emerging Technologies. Their team split up their individual responsibilities
- How we were going to travel in the future
- Sensors on the cars
- Companies that are emerging and the partnerships
- Tech and car companies working together
- She found a convergence of steps as we embrace technology over time.
- Would you just jump in an autonomous car? Would you trust that?
- Will her children have a driver’s licenses?
- This was the largest class of Leadership 2.0 and there were eight project groups.
- She learned how well the group came together when the rubber hits the road.
- Great learning from every group presentation.
- Because you don’t work with these people every day you do know their work habits and needed to rely on them to complete the project. True professionals.
- Group winner project name ‘Me LLennials’
- Other projects were on ‘Chasing E-Tail’ and how Amazon would impact the aftermarket among others.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com